Act concerning Protection of Personal Information (Japan Law No. 57, 2003)
[Personal Information Protection Law (Japan)]
Chapter Five Miscellaneous
Article 50 (1) If all or a part of the purposes of the businesses listed in the following items when handling any personal information are the purposes described in the same following items, the provisions of the previous chapter shall not apply.
1. Broadcasting companies, newspaper companies, news agencies and any other press organizations (including individuals acting as a journalist by occupation) – for the purpose of utilizing for news stories;
2. Any persons acting as a professional writer – for the purpose of utilizing for professional writing;
3. Universities and other institutions or organizations established with the purpose of scientific research, or the persons working for such entities – for the purpose of utilizing for scientific research;
4. Religious organizations – for the purpose of religious activities (including the activities related to them);
5. Political organizations – for the purpose of political activities (including the activities related to them).
**cs-trans.biz is a translator specializing in law and finance. If you have any legal or financial document (law, contract, agreement, etc.) to be translated, please contact: email@example.com.